Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Hand Sketching

This drawing of my is my absolute favorite that I have done. Drawing hands is one of the hardest things to do as an artist and doing this drawing gave me a lot of confidence in drawing hands. Along with the initial test hands on the right, my primary had had a very unique quality to it. Instead of trying to draw a very accurate depiction of a hand, I chose to tackle a very stylized had where the knuckles and bones in the fingers were over-emphasized. To me this gives a very creepy feeling to the hand as it's already taking on a odd pose. Even though at first it seems to be a very intricate hand, it became much easier to look at once i broke it down into different sections. Now that I went through the steps of creating a hand like this, the task seems much less of a challenge to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment