Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Still Life with Shadowing

After doing still life drawings before we returned to this them but with a goal in using shadowing and contrast to create a better image. I chose to use my camera bag as a my primary target for the still life. Although the drawing as a whole was not completed, I did manage to finish my camera bag. I feel that my shadowing of the front of the bag and the shoulder strap was the most successful while the right side of my bag was the weakest part. I was not able to capture all of the detail of the right side while I shadowed it resulting in some loss of information. However I feel that the shadow of the bag on the table made up for a lot of information that was initially missing. I wish that I was able to complete this drawing the day I started it but there is nothing keeping me from finishing it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment